This plugin sets a default image for post thumbnails for the Genesis framework. So if you ever forget to upload an image or a featured image, then you are still covered and your site won’t look slightly “broken.”
Genesis Featured Images creates a option box to enable a default image for post thumbnails and/or featured images. These default images will only appear any time a post, page or any custom post type does not have a featured image, or an image inside the post. So for those who write a lot of posts and want one image for the majority of your posts, this plugin works perfectly! Genesis Featured Images filters genesis_get_image() so anywhere you utilize genesis_get_image(), this plugin will provide a fallback option. Genesis Featured Images uses the WordPress Image Uploader and Library to upload the image to ensure that the proper thumbnails are created.
- Upload the entire genesis-featured-images folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin and upload images via Genesis > Theme Settings
Do you have future plans for this plugin?
Yes. Here are some things that I want to eventually include:
- Add the ability to set default featured images based on category for pages/posts
- If you have suggestions, please feel free to contact me
0.1: Beta Testing